What We Do
Protecting Your Most Valuable Asset: Your Future
When asked, many people say their most valuable asset is the real estate they own or the money they have tied up in investments or in the bank.
By far, your most important assets are your health, your family, your education, and your career.
So it stands to reason that one of your most valuable assets is your present and future income potential, whether from your job or your business. Both your tangible and intangible assets can be lost or jeopardized if they are not properly protected. Seizing opportunities to make the most efficient use of your assets is the key to wealth accumulation.
At the Law Offices of S. David Worhatch, we are dedicated to protecting your most valuable asset: Your Future.
We do this by focusing on ways to help guide you and manage the risks and opportunities associated with job loss, threats to the family’s income, prospects for better compensation and benefits, taking advantage of business opportunities, developing wealth accumulation strategies that manage or dramatically reduce risk, and insuring against potential financial disaster.
And we have devoted our energies to representing the rights of individuals in the work setting, protecting the rights of property owners, and developing strategies to help clients plan for financial success while protecting and enjoying more of the wealth they have earned.
Ohio Employment Law and Estate Planning Attorney
At the Law Offices of S. David Worhatch, you will find an employment and estate planning attorney here to help you protect your career, manage the opportunities you have, realize your financial goals, and protect both what you already have earned and what you will earn in the future. If you are in Stow, Ohio, or surrounding areas and need that kind of legal representation, contact us today to let us know how we can help you protect your future so that you can make your dreams come true. We serve clients who need help with:
- Employment Law: Though we do represent a select number of employer clients, we generally represent the individual in the work setting in just about every area of employment law: Employment contract negotiation; wrongful discharge; discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex (gender), religion, disability (handicap), or age; harassment on the job; breach of employment contract; compensation disputes; claims for unpaid commissions; severance or separation agreements; covenants against competition and other non-compete agreements; claims of retaliation for bringing a discrimination or “whistleblower” claim; grievances; arbitration; civil service cases; employee benefits; ERISA claims; disputes over use, abuse, or misappropriation of trade secrets; privacy rights, and confidentiality and intellectual property ownership agreements and licenses. If you are moving from one job or career to another or you feel you have been wrongfully terminated, harassed, or discriminated against in the workplace, you need an employment attorney who can explain your legal rights to you, and work to help you protect your career.
- Executive Compensation: An executive possesses a wealth of knowledge and has a demonstrated track record of success and achievement. It is important to leverage those skills and talents through shrewd negotiation of salary, bonus and incentive compensation, and fringe benefits, including provisions for participating in a pension plan, a stock ownership option plan, self-funded retirement vehicles (e.g., 401(k) plans), and terms providing for a reasonable transition period through a separation or severance package should the employment relationship end for reasons other than “just cause.” Attorney S. David Worhatch has 27 years of hands-on experience with companies competing at the highest levels in Corporate America. If you are facing serious decisions in your career in management, you need an executive compensation lawyer to help you understand your options so you can bargain effectively to maximize your income potential for yourself and those you love.
- Succession and Estate Planning: Many of our clients own businesses. We help these clients plan their financial future and manage their assets and business opportunities effectively, both to weather difficult times and to realize their dreams. Attorney S. David Worhatch is associated with Cleveland-based Capital Planners, one of the premier wealth accumulation and protection firms in Northeast Ohio. If you need help with major life decisions such as buying or selling a business, writing a will, trust, or other instruments needed to execute your estate plan or to permit a smooth transition for your business as you plan to enter your retirement years, let Attorney S. David Worhatch and Capital Planners team up to help you plan for your financial security and engineer a comprehensive strategy to protect your wealth for you and those you love.
- Real Estate: When you need help with a major investment in commercial or residential real estate, hiring a real estate attorney is more than a good investment . . . it’s a must. We will help you understand the process, protect your interests, and handle any complications that may arise.
At the Law Offices of S. David Worhatch in Stow, Ohio, we understand the importance of protecting the most valuable assets - your career and your future income. We are here to help you through all of life’s major transitions. If you need a lawyer who will work to protect those assets with you, contact us today.
Hiring an employment attorney or estate planning lawyer is an investment in your future that will pay off for years to come. With over 27 years of legal experience, Attorney S. David Worhatch offers large firm service at affordable rates. Let us know how we can help you weather the storms of life’s transitions and help you make your dreams come true. We offer flexible payment plans in many cases.
Law Offices of S. David Worhatch
Ohio Succession and Estate Planning Lawyer
4920 Darrow Road
Stow, OH 44224
(330) 650-6000 – Akron / Kent
(330) 656-2300 – Cleveland / Cleveland Suburbs
(330) 650-2390 – Fax
The Law Offices of S. David Worhatch in Stow, Ohio, serves clients in Cuyahoga County, Summit County, Portage County, and Geauga County, including the communities of Akron, Cleveland, Kent, Ravenna, Aurora, Bainbridge, Bath, Beachwood, Brimfield, Chagrin Falls, Chesterland, Clinton, Copley, Cuyahoga Falls, Fairlawn, Franklin, Green, Hudson, Hunting Valley, Kirtland, Lyndhurst, Mantua, Mayfield, Medina, Moreland Hills, Munroe Falls, New Franklin, Northfield, Norton, Orange, Pepper Pike, Richfield, Sagamore Hills, Shaker Heights, Silver Lake, Solon, Springfield, Stow, Streetsboro, Tallmadge, Twinsburg, Wadsworth, Waite Hill, and Walton Hills.
The laws governing legal advertising in the State of Ohio require the following statement in any publication of this kind: "THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT."
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
Copyright © 2013
by Law Offices of S. David Worhatch. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement.